Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change payload NI-XNET CAN

HI,

I am trying to perform some CAN communication with NI-XNET at the frame level.  I have started with the CAN Frame Input Single Point.vi and CAN Frame Output Single Point.vi examples that came with NI-XNET.  I would like to be able to change the payload of the frame to be written in the output vi  (i.e. have it not be controled by a human on the front screen) but have been unable to find a way to write the payload attribute in the XNET Frame CAN typedef.  I have tried to recreate this cluster on my own to no avail.  If anyone could point me in the correct general direction it would be much appreciated.  

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,011 Views)

Hey Kevin,

Are you sending a frame from a frame list that you created in a database?  Are you using a temporary database in memory?  If you have a framelist in a database that has the payload predefined, I'm not sure that you can change the cluster definition programmatically.  If you were to open up the XNET Database Editor, you should be able to manually specify the format of the cluster being passed, including the payload lenght.  In addition, if you set the database as the :memory: including the colons, you can configure the cluster to be whatever you would like from the front panel.

Does this answer your question?  Are you just trying to change the payload length of a frame, or is there more to it than just that?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,002 Views)