cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot deploy NI-XNET Database to RT Target PC

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to simply deploy an XNET Database to a RT target PC by following the tutorial here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/9847EF6F2D867BC186257DCE00626236 

However, when I click deploy nothing happens; I don't get any error messages and the database alias doesn't show up as present in the RT target (the whole list is empty for the RT target). If I run my code, it complains about the database not being present, so I'm sure it's not there.

I checked using NI Max and the target has NI XNET 1.6.0 installed. I'm using LabVIEW 2015. I have no problems connecting to the target. I tried a different new database created with LabVIEW 2015, no go. I tried disabling Windows firewall as suggested in a similar post (http://forums.ni.com/t5/Automotive-and-Embedded-Networks/Unable-to-deploy-NI-XNET-Database-to-RT-Tar...) but that didn't work either.

Help!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,028 Views)

It sounds like you have a version mis-match between target and host. XNET 15.0 is the earliest version that suppports LabVIEW 2015.

I would format the target and then when installing software choose the custom option. Select XNET in the list to install the version of XNET that is on your host, currently 15.0, 15.5, or 16.0. The correct dependencies should be selected for you automatically. Add any other software you may require and install.

Next, I would make sure there are no passwords set on the RT target when the database is being deployed.

Jeff L
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(4,008 Views)
Solution
Accepted by LabMew2

Hi,

It seemed that I have the latest version of XNET on my target and host at first, but just to try something I did the following:

• I reinstalled XNET on the target using NI-MAX. I had to uninstall the dependency package "ni-xnet compatibility library for NI-CAN" before I do that. 
  • I uninstalled and installed the latest XNET on the target as well.

After that, things worked!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,876 Views)