From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I read the same session multiple times throughout my VI

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a session that contains 3 signals that are from the same frame. The session is going through a state machine. At one state I need to read one signals and at another state I need to read two other signals. The first read does well but when I reach the second read I get the following error.

NI-XNET: (Hex 0xBFF6308F) The function you called is not defined for the session mode (e.g. you called a frame I/O function on a signal I/O session).  

Can I read the same session multiple times throughout my VI?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,934 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author danbecerra

You can read from the same session as many times as you want. You can put the reads in loops, do them serially, or put them in subVIs.

Is the aforementioned session the only session that is in the state machine? What type of session is it? If you have multiple sessions in your state machine you are likely getting the session references mixed up during state transitions. 

Jeff L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,912 Views)

Hi Jefel, 

it looks as if my session is entering the shift register as one session ____xnetSesn#0000002 

and it re-enters the shift register at the next state as ___xnetSesn#000001 is there a reason for this?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,903 Views)