Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCP Initialize Error -6731 (d) Signal Undefined

Labview 6.1 application.

I have previously developed all my CCP functions using Frame API, but now I have changed it after the release of CCP functions by NI. I understand quite well the setting up of DAQ using the CCPSetDAQPtr and CCPWriteDAQ functions. I am having particular difficulty in using the CCPInitialize.vi and keep getting the error -6731: the requested signal is undefined.

I am setting up only 1 message (size 1byte) for transmission from my ECU. All my function calls and the broadcast of the DAQ DTO frame are successful. I then use CCPGetNames which forms my channel list (which consists of my 1 message) and then call the CCPInit.vi, which gives me the error code.

I have looked at all the CCP examples and compared to my code, but can see no obvious error.

Please could someone direct me where I should be looking or better still, answer the question.

An additional unrelated point:
The CCPWriteDAQ.vi relies on the ECU supporting multibyte block sizes. What option is there for ECU's only supporting single byte block size. Eg. The signal list input for CCPWriteDAQ.vi consists of a signal defined with the size 4 bytes. Previously I would have to call CCPSetDAQPtr then CCPWriteDAQ four times with block size always set to 1. Now I call them only once, where CCPWriteDAQ sets the block size to four. The CCP handler in my ECU does not support this; is there a way around this problem without modifying the CCP handler in my ECU.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,252 Views)
Solved first issue: doesnt like spaces around the signal names.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,247 Views)