From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCP DAQ Not Starting - LV2012 ECU M&C toolkit 2.3

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have been running CCP acquisition for a good long time with my machine, LabVIEW RT 2012 & ECU M&C toolkit 2.3. 

A new ECU / software is now giving me some trouble.  I can connect to the ECU but DAQ is not working.  I have connected & taken data with CANape, all is good.  But with my LV code it does not work.

The only difference I can see in a CAN message trace is that CANape is adding CCP command 0x8 START_STOP_ALL after command 0x06 START_STOP.  In the LabVIEW version only command 0x06 START_STOP appears.

There are no errors from the ECU, the DAQ list is being written similarly.  I have a good connection with the right software & databases loaded. 

Any ideas?  Is there a way that I can persuade LabVIEW to issue CCP command 0x08?

Thanks,

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,096 Views)

Hi Ian,

I'm wondering how you're getting on with your application - I understand it's been a week since you posted, and have had no response.

Did you manage to get it working?

If not, could you give me a bit more information about what you're seeing? Is your LabVIEW code not acquiring any data at all? Or are you seeing unexpected readings?

Any more information you can give would be helpful in helping us get you a solution!!

Kind regards,

Amy

Amy K
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,030 Views)

Amy,

Thanks for replying.  I have had no other response, and no solution to the problem. 

I am acquiring from other ECUs fine, but this one, with a new embedded application (out of my control) is responding differently.

Our other CCP software (CANape) appears to get around this by using the CCP command 0x08 START_STOP_ALL.  Is there a method within the ECU toolkit to send this CCP command? 

Both CANape and LabVIEW are using the normal START_STOP command 0x06 first, and the ECU does not respond in either case.  I don't have hard data but one possibility is that CANape detects this non-response, then dynamically decides to issue the 0x08 command.  Data starts flowing very quickly from the ECU after this. 

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,027 Views)

Hi Ian,

So am I right in assuming you need to use Start_Stop_All because you maybe can't reference the ECU correctly from your code?

I'm currently looking into whether or not this function is available, or if there is a workaround you could use to allow you to communicate correctly.

Kind regards,

Amy K
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,024 Views)

Hi Ian,

Is there any chance you can upload your code, or a simplified version of your VI?

Thanks,

Amy K
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,006 Views)

you may use the MC DAQ Start Stop VI with Option START_ALL_DAQ_LISTS

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,001 Views)

Hi Gibson,

Thanks for your suggestion, that would be perfect.  Unfortunately I don't see that option in my version (LV2012 & ECU M&C V2.3 - options are Start, Stop, or transmit DAQ list).  Are you using a newer version, or is this option elsewhere?

I am downloading V15 of the ECU toolkit now, but I can't find any release notes or system requirements.  Will this work with LabVIEW 2012 or do I also need to upgrade that to 2015?  The application is in a realtime system. 

Regards,

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,994 Views)

yes I am using 15.0, which supports LabVIEW 2012 to 2015. this is documented in the readme coming with the product

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,989 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author IanDeaville(ZF)

At last, I installed ECU M&C toolkit 2015 and reworked my code to use the Start_Stop_All command.  This was not effective.  After further trials and examination of the CAN message logs, a colleague of mine spotted that the Event Channel ID (Byte 6) in the CCP Start_Stop command was incorrect.  With that parameter set to the correct value I now have working CCP DAQ. 

I still don't know why it had suddenly stopped working, but at least that problem is solved.

Thanks all for your assistance.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,905 Views)