From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANopen nodes

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using CANopen to talk with a few Parker SSD drives.  When I was only talking to one drive (690+)I was able to do everything with PDO's and everything worked fine.  Using PDO's I was able to start LABView then turn the drive on and the program would start talking with no problem.  But now I am trying to talk with another drive (590+) at the same time.  I decided to use SDO's when talking with both SSD drives instead of PDO's because it seemed easier to read/write data.  I need to start LV before the SSD drives to make sure some relays are set correctly.

So I have a few questions.

The first problem is that as soon as I start my LV program I get SDO errors because the SSD drives are not turned on and running.  So I am trying to figure out how to have LV look for the different SSD drives before trying to transmit/receive to them.  Some how the PDO's do it but the SDO's do not.

Another problem is talking to both drives at the same time, I think I am messing up the configuration somehow.  The CANopen example vi's only show how to talk with 1 device at a time, are there any examples on how to setup to talk with 2 devices?  I can run the SDOread.vi on each device, so I know I have communication.  I left the default configuration values in the SDOcreate.vi's.  I tried looking for info on the server COB ID and client COB ID settings, but I have not found anything yet.

Thanks for any help...... 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(9,285 Views)

Update:

I believe I figured out the configuration problem and I can communicate with both drives at the moment.

So now I still have to figure out how to get LV to figure out if the drive is ready or not so I can start sending data.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(9,284 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author _Bryan

Oh well, I went back to using the PDO's.  There was a problem with some of the SDO addresses on one of the units, so I did not have a choice.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(9,270 Views)

Hello,I get one same project like you,and i try to use LV to comnicate with 3 set 690+SSD drive,right now i follow the instruction of CANopen commnication device of parker.

Right now,the port can be operation with NMT,but the SYNC message is send out,no PDO message is back.

can you share the info of your configration for the successfully communication with SSD 690+?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,933 Views)

I was able to find configuration vi I used in that project.  It was a long time ago and might be a little rough, but it should work.  This Vi was before my while loop.  Inside the loop I had a PDO Read and a CANOpen fetch to get the data as well as the vi's used to write.  Once the loop completed There was a CANOpen close.vi and a CANOpen module control.vi that was used to stop the remote node.

I also imagine that there are examples that would have been installed when you installed the CANOpen library.  Did you buy the CANopen library from NI? It is old, but it looks like they are still selling it.  http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/202614  It also only works with NI Series 2 high-speed CAN interfaces.  So make sure you are using the correct CAN interface.

This also might help.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-4440

Message 5 of 7
(6,919 Views)

Thanks very much for you information,and right now we already solve the problem.

SSD 690+ CANopen device interface technical manual shows four different PDO mapping configration,such as None/SAVED/DS402/Presets.and we try to use the DS402,but it faild to get the message from inverter.

And your demo software shows the right way was presets,and do some change of DSElite diagram,and it works.

But we use the different NI CAN high speed device,and it do not need the CANopen library,the device use the NI XNET driver to do the config of message,it is very simple to match and translate the CAN mesage to required value.

The intruduction list below:

http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/E439B4EA012C523486257CFC0048FFF9.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,896 Views)

Do you have a complete CANopen toolkit package? Would you like to share it?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,826 Views)