From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANoe with NI Vision

can anyone suggest how to interface/give me the logic to call NI vision with vector CANoe ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,230 Views)

NI Vision is an API which can be called from LabVIEW and a few other languages.  What are you actually trying to do?  If I were NI I would suggest you do the oposite and program an application using LabVIEW that uses the NI Vision API, and also communicates over an NI CAN bus doing what CANoe does for you.  But since you gave so little details I'm not sure what you are actually trying do do.  It might be as simple as making a LabVIEW EXE and calling it from CANoe.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,196 Views)

Hello Vooovahh,

thank you for your guidlines!!

I wanted to do vision testing using Canoe without LabVIEW envirounement using VBAI,

so my question is how to call vbai interface to canoe tests ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,182 Views)

VBAI is basically scripted LabVIEW.  I remember a function something like Tools >> Create LabVIEW VI which turns your VBAI into LabVIEW code.  From there you can make an EXE out of it and maybe CANoe can call it?  It sounds like you'll want to talk to Vector to find out what things it can do and how it can interact with other programming languages.  I know it has CAPL but I'm unaware of what its limitations.

Or the other suggestion of doing the same thing CANoe does but in LabVIEW might be an option.  Again turn your VBAI code into LabVIEW, and then add the CAN portions to it.  Neither solution is simple, but both are probably possible.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,180 Views)