Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANape

Hi All

In one of the project i an using LabVIEW 7.1, CANape & Vector CAN card. In this project, i have to develop a LV program to read the particular memory address from the UUT (unit under test) via CANape. The CANape is communiating with the UUT using CCP (CAN calibration protocol).

In this, both Labview & CANape shall be running parallely on the system. Labview shall send the memory address which we wants to read, to the CANape & CANape shall send it to the UUT using CCP protocol. Then UUT shall send the value of that particular address to the CANape & CANape shall send it to LabVIEW.
Now , Problam is that i do not know how to send the command & then read the value using LabVIEW , CANape & Vector CAN card. I do not have any knowledge about CANape & Vector.

If anybody has any knowledge about this then please share it. If any document & example then please share them also.
Please reply as soon as possible.

Thanxs & Regards
R
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(9,295 Views)
Hello can we gen..

Unfortunately, since we do not support CANape, we have no example programs to share. The LabVIEW Example Finder has some good examples on controlling other programs through LabVIEW. It would probably be best to speak with Vector about how their CANape software operates.
Regards,

Roland A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Check out VI Roadshow
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(9,272 Views)
R,

To clarify, it is actually possible to completely remove CANape from the loop here and do everything in LabVIEW, which will probably smooth your implementation significantly. The NI ECU Measurement and Calibration Toolkit adds native support of CCP & XCP to LabVIEW, so you can work with all of your ECU calibration in LabVIEW.  It allows you to load your .A2L files directly as well.

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/201975

Let me know if you have additional questions.

--Paul Mandeltort
Automotive and Industrial Communications Product Marketing
Message 3 of 6
(9,264 Views)

If we dont want to use ECU measurement and calibration toolkit, is there any way to control CANAPE from LABVIEW?

Is there a way to read/ write ECU parameters from LABVIEW through CANAPE? Any .dll?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,763 Views)

Hi,

my question would be:
how can i programaticly load a CANape measure configuration with definded signals?

I want control CANape with Labview.

I can add a signal with CalibrationObjects invoke node, and then i can read or write the signal
, but i need to define a measurement with many signals in it.

i dind`t find a appropriate ActiveX node to add measurement signals to the measurement,
and if i try start the measuere, then i get the error message from CANape,
that no signals are defined.

i thought, it would be also a possibility, if i define the measure signals in CANape before start
the automation, and save it in CANape measurement configation (.cna) file.

But if i try to load .cna file with invoke node Application2/ method loadCNAfile
then i get the error message, that CANape is not in the right mode to do this.

any help and hints are welcome:)
thank you,
best regards
Robert

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,495 Views)

Hi Robert,

Now I am in the same situation that CANApe has to be driven from LabVIEW. I want to write a particular variable by accessing its  memory via CANApe. Could you please guide me in this to control CANApe using LabVIEW

Thanks In Advance,

Ragupathi C

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,511 Views)