Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN write error

I need to know what this error is when I try to write to the CAN bus.

NI-CAN Write CAN Network Interface Object(ncWriteNet.vi)
The error code is hex BFF6212.

Also where is the key so I can know what the error codes mean?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,316 Views)
Hi PhilGil,

The NI-CAN error codes all have the 0xBFF62yyy format (so one more digit). Could you please double-check the error code you encountered? There are quite a few possible error codes that are similar to the one you posted.

There are actually a couple of ways to get to the meaning of a particular error code:
  • When you are in LabVIEW, add the ‘Simple Error Handler’ VI to the end of your code. The ‘Simple Error Handler’ VI pops up a message with the error code description, in case the error cluster contains an error. Take a look at the NI-CAN example VIs that ship with the NI-CAN driver.
  • When you are in LabVIEW, you can create an indicator for the error cluster. If that indicator shows an error, simply right-click on the indicator and select the ‘Explain Warning’ option.
  • With NI-CAN comes a small utility, explain.exe. It is by default installed to …\National Instruments\NI-CAN\utilities\. Call this utility from the command line (or Start » Run ) and provide the error code as a parameter
  • Check out KnowledgeBase article # 30RFM8HR: How Do I Know What the NI-CAN Error Codes Stand For?

-B2k
Message 2 of 2
(3,300 Views)