From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN warning 1073094699

I have an application that has been running fine for months, but today I am getting the CAN 1073094699 warning. None of the hardware or cabling has changed.  The app is written in LabVIEW.  I can't see any software issue that would cause the problem either.  

I found this thread: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Automotive-and-Embedded-Networks/CAN-HARDWARE/m-p/174345/highlight/true#M101...

, but it wasn't helpful.

I am opening the NI CAN device, communicating with one CAN instrument and then closing the CAN device.  I am getting the error after starting/stopping communication with the device during the testing. 

Any suggestions?

>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,494 Views)

Some basic info please, such as Baud Rate, Hardware, cable lengths, how things are terminated, cable topography, possible noise sources..

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,492 Views)

Baudrate: 500000

NI USB-8473 CAN interface

NI CAN cable 192017-02, cable connects directly from interface to CAN device.  I need to double-check the termination at the other end.

>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,487 Views)

Great answer to the question.

Wait, there was no answer to this question...  😞

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,049 Views)

I never really found a fix to the root problem.  I was able to mitigate the issue by doing a CAN reset.

@mikie wrote:

Great answer to the question.

Wait, there was no answer to this question...  😞

>

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,039 Views)