From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN XS2 Driver issue (PCI)

I have had difficulty finding a location to post this question. Thank You for pointing me to this forum.

I have received word back from the maker of the ICT tester this controller operates in. According to Aeroflex they believe NI-Can is not supported under Windows-7 X32. I believe the driver I downloaded is supported in (Win-7).

I recently upgraded a rack mount PC with a new motherboard and Windows 7 (32)bit OS. We had been running Windows 2000. We never had any issues with the soft ware until now. The problem we are experiencing is with the NI-XS2 Can communication card PCI. We have run 5 hours with 585 parts,  and the next day 11 hours producing 320 parts between failures. The failure reported is "CAN open read failed"..  or the test system will just blue screen of death and reboot. Or the very next device tested after the "CAN open read failed" will cause BSOD. We have not accumulated much more data sense we started documenting the failure. I downloaded the latest NI-CAN driver before launching the controller on the test system.  Would anyone provide insight into this failure ? Suggestions on what avenue to pursue ?

Also please enlighten me as to what is cross-posting.  I use the forum to find answers, I seldom have found a need to post.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,694 Views)

Hi, here you can find the latest version of NI-CAN. As you can see is compatible with W7x32. I thought the problem was related to this driver but the description leads me to think that it might be related to a different software component. I wonder if you are using this library? Plus, it would be a good idea to check if the card is not failing by performing a simple test such as a loopback.

If possible, can you post a picture of the error window to take a look at the error code and the description. That may give us a clue on what is going on. Try to change the PCI slot that you are using or consider running your application in a different PC, does it makes a difference?

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,683 Views)