Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN Frame Signal Conversion With XNet

I can release a version 4 where unique names are used, so that multiple sessions can be opened at once.  I would just like to make sure it works before I release a new version.  Attached is a zip with two mods should work.  The first is the new Get Alias from DBC which generates a unique name.  The next is the new Close Connection which will try to cleanup any databases that don't exist anymore.  My worry was you'd end up with 100s of randomly generated database names and only a few would be used.

Use these VIs in replace of the onces from the version 3 and if it works I can release it as version 4.

EDIT:  Or another option for you is to combine those two DBCs into one.

Message 21 of 30
(5,045 Views)

Yes, I could do that, but the other dbc file is still in production (for battery monitoring ) and I think it would be better to check this option first. I'm just missing some library for OpenG, just installing it right now, I will give you feedback as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 30
(5,039 Views)

Yeah sorry I didn't realize the OpenG File I/O dependency wasn't there.  Because of some VIPM changes I don't want to add that dependency to the API.  So in the actual Version 4 (assuming this works) I'll remove the need for the OpenG File library.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 30
(5,035 Views)

Yes it really does the job 🙂 Thanks man, this really great piece of software 

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 30
(5,032 Views)

Can you help me to find out the 8 byte data in pay load..? 

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 30
(4,889 Views)

@tonijaaa69 wrote:

Can you help me to find out the 8 byte data in pay load..? 

Can you help me get more information?  You are showing one signal in the frame.  What does the rest of the frame look like?  What are the values of the signals?  This library is designed to tell you what the 8 bytes of data are for the signals, you don't need to do any manual math.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 30
(4,885 Views)

Thanks for reply

Actually need to extract my dbc file, from that i want Arbitration id and pay load for each signal.

Arbitration Id:  280   PayLoad: 0 0 0 20 0 0 0 0 

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 30
(4,876 Views)

Is English not a language you are comfortable with?  Your request is not clear, and your information is lacking.  Attach your database as XML or DBC, then attatch your data either frames, or signals.  Using this API it is very easy to go from one format to the other, with example help files, and detailed help in the VI functions.  If you cannot follow instructions, or answer questions, then I cannot help you.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 30
(4,869 Views)

Great library! It has been very useful. Thank you.

The Frame to Signal conversion does not seem to take into account the Data Type from the database. So does it handle both signed and unsigned integers properly or does it only work with unsigned int?

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 30
(1,484 Views)

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.  Could you post an example frame with what you expect the conversion to be and see how it differs from the library?  Also I hope you are using the latest version which right now is version 8 posted here.  I have another version planned which is almost ready for release and supports CAN-FD but I'll hold off if you think there is a bug that could be fixed first.  Its true that I don't take into account the data type of the signal.  It just applies the offset and scaling as provided and returns a double.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 30
(1,479 Views)