From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Video Bridging

I'm looking into interfacing with a DUT that has Ethernet Audio Video Bridging (AVB).  A protocol similar to Ethernet which is used for in vehicle audio and video transmission.  To test this interface I just need to provide a static image and then ask the DUT if everything is okay.  The actual vision analysis is a seperate test.

Has anyone done anything with AVB testing?  It appears to be an obstraction layer on top of UDP so I suspect if nothing else I can do low level UDP calls but I don't really know what I can or can't do.  Any help is appreicated, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,973 Views)

Hi Hooovahh,

I've done some research in our internal systems and have not found any references to AVB. I think we'll need to see if anyone else in the community has done something similar. It also appears that AVB was renamed to "Time-Sensitive Networking" in November 2012.

If it is based on UDP, you should be able to use the lower-level UDP functions in LabVIEW to do the communication.

Best Regards,

Matthew B.
Offering Manager
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,956 Views)

Dear All

I am really want to learn about AVB. I have lot of doubt about avb. Is there any forum available to get help from. I am really stuck with the FQTSS. Your help is highly apreciated. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,302 Views)

There is not a dedicated NI forum for AVB.  I have searched around online and could not find an AVB specific forum.  Hopefully another community member has suggestions on an AVB forum!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,284 Views)

The AVnu alliance will be a good strating point: avnu.org. We are developing some solutions at my company so please feel free to contact me at thierryr@danlawinc.com

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,640 Views)