Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Video Bridging

I'm looking into interfacing with a DUT that has Ethernet Audio Video Bridging (AVB).  A protocol similar to Ethernet which is used for in vehicle audio and video transmission.  To test this interface I just need to provide a static image and then ask the DUT if everything is okay.  The actual vision analysis is a seperate test.

Has anyone done anything with AVB testing?  It appears to be an obstraction layer on top of UDP so I suspect if nothing else I can do low level UDP calls but I don't really know what I can or can't do.  Any help is appreicated, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,978 Views)

Hi Hooovahh,

I've done some research in our internal systems and have not found any references to AVB. I think we'll need to see if anyone else in the community has done something similar. It also appears that AVB was renamed to "Time-Sensitive Networking" in November 2012.

If it is based on UDP, you should be able to use the lower-level UDP functions in LabVIEW to do the communication.

Best Regards,

Matthew B.
Offering Manager
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,961 Views)

Dear All

I am really want to learn about AVB. I have lot of doubt about avb. Is there any forum available to get help from. I am really stuck with the FQTSS. Your help is highly apreciated. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,307 Views)

There is not a dedicated NI forum for AVB.  I have searched around online and could not find an AVB specific forum.  Hopefully another community member has suggestions on an AVB forum!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,289 Views)

The AVnu alliance will be a good strating point: avnu.org. We are developing some solutions at my company so please feel free to contact me at thierryr@danlawinc.com

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,645 Views)