Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At start up of my program I get this error -1074388957. USB NI-9171 and NI-9861

I have a program I wrote last year(2013). I using LabView 2012 SP1. I need to make updates to my program but when I run it, I get an error

I am using a NI-9171 and a NI-9862. Driver Name NI-DAQmx Version 9.8.0f3

I do have a seperate power source for it, set at 24VDC.

I have for software:

NI-CAN 2.7.5

NI-DAQmx-Device Driver 9.8

NI-DAQmx Max Configuration 9.8

NI-XNET 1.8

Max Version 14.0.0f0

I can see the can unit in Max. I can reset it. The firmware is current. The self test is successfull.

below is my set up

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,419 Views)

where does the error claim to be coming from?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,418 Views)

That error is CanErrBadIntfName. You are using the NI-CAN API with the NI-XNET hardware.

Questions:

1. Are you using the compatibility layer?
  2. Do you have it properly installed? In the installer for NI-XNET it is listed as "NI-XNET Compatibility Layer for NI-CAN"
  3. Why are you using the NI-CAN API instead of the native NI-XNET API?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,416 Views)

Sorry for the delay answering I did not select the autonotification.

To answer your very first question. NI-CAN Configure Network Interface Object (ncConfigCANNet.vi)

the next 3 questions

1. I am not sure. I wrote the program almost 2 years ago..

2. I do not remember installing NXNET when I did the installetion but MAX is showing I haveNI-NXNET 1.8

3. When I was do this can set up I was in a time crunch and also I have never done can before I was learning at the same time. I try XNET but I have better results with NI-Can at that time so I just when with it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,346 Views)

If you are using a 9861, then you must have the XNet drivers installed, it won't work without it.

Also if you are using the ncConfigCANNet.vi you are using the older NI-CAN library, which means you must be using the compatibility layer software allowing you to use the old library on new hardware.

It sounds like you don't want a re-write but I would not recommend these NI-CAN driver for any hardware that supports XNet.  It is different functions, but much more functionality.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,342 Views)

Hi:

You were right I did not properly install the XNet compatability. I fact I did not had it installed, after the installetion my  progrm works ok.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,320 Views)

Glad to hear you figured it out.

• You can thanks a person on the forum by giving them a Kudo.  A user on the forums can Kudo a post by another user once, but multiple users can Kudo the same post which can highlight posts that a collection of users find useful.
  • Any reply to a post can be marked as a solution to the post, if the sub-forum supports marking solutions.  This is helpful because the thread will get a green check mark showing a solution to the question has been found.

Source

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,279 Views)