From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analyze CAN Bus with NI XNET

Hi all,

I work with an NI-PXI-8512 and LabVIEW Components fro the  NI XNET palette (LV Version 2013).

Communication over the Can-Bus functions very well (it's an automated test for software components).

Now I would like to get some data like busload, amount of error frames e.g. .

Does someone has some experience with this?

Thanks for your answers!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(8,312 Views)

Hi dfschunk,

error frames can be read since the NI-XNET 1.7 driver. There are 2 options to read the error frames:

1. bus monitor:

Launch the bus monitor (start/all programs/NI XNET/). Start the feature: interface&database from the symbol bar, choose your CAN HW port. Now you can also select error frames.

2. LabVIEW VI

Error frames can be read, if you insert a XNET propertynode:Bus Error Frames to Input Stream. I attached a screenshot therefore.

The bus load is shown at the bus monitor.

Kind regards,

RupiDo

@dfschunk wrote:

Hi all,

I work with an NI-PXI-8512 and LabVIEW Components fro the  NI XNET palette (LV Version 2013).

Communication over the Can-Bus functions very well (it's an automated test for software components).

Thanks for your answers!

@dfschunk wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks for your answers!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(8,262 Views)

Hello everyone,

I am working with the same board PXI-8512, but when I start Bus Monitor i cannot see the interface CAN0,CAN1 (the way I named them on the MAX). I read others  old post and they said that it was not possible to use this program with a PXI or Compact RIO Board. I would like to know if it is possible.

I'm using Labview 2010 32 bits, i have the XNET library installed, but i used the CanOpen Library to communicate with a Motor Drive.

Thanks,

Juan Carlos Cambera

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(8,077 Views)
Hi I also want to know how to monitor the CAN busload with NI XNET?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,620 Views)