NI Home > Community > NI Discussion Forums

Additional NI Software Idea Exchange

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
The NI Idea Exchange is a product feedback forum where NI R&D and users work together to submit ideas, collaborate on their development, and vote for the ones they like best. View all of the NI Idea Exchanges to post an idea or add your opinion on an existing one today!
LucD

Automatic (dynamic) generation of a Veristand Model from a VI

by Member LucD on ‎10-20-2011 09:24 AM

Hello,

Today I have a need that is a bit difficult to perform: I developped a soft that convert a xml file into a VI, but I'd like this soft to create a VeriStand model from this VI.

So it would be very interesting to be able to dynamically create a Veristand model in Labview, wheter thanks to an API or an invoke node, ...

I appears that for the moment the only way to do it would be to open the LVSV Dialog.vi by script.

Thanks,

Luc.

Functionality available with LVSV Batch Build VI.
Comments
by Member GregMo on ‎10-20-2011 04:41 PM

If you look in the LLB that contains the LVSV Dialog.vi (look in <LabVIEW>/project/NI VeriStand/,) you will find a vi called "LVSV Batch Build.vi". This VI performs the same build that the dialog does, but does so programmatically.

by Member NAKeel on ‎10-24-2013 12:22 PM
Status changed to: Already Implemented
Functionality available with LVSV Batch Build VI.
by Member clendon.gibson@canrig.com on ‎04-11-2014 05:06 PM

I have been trying "LVSV Batch Build.vi" in LabVIEW 2012 with Veristand 2012, and it does not work. It errors out with a reference type mismatch error.

Is there a fix?