Additional NI Software Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guilherme_Correa

Alias to a Waveform Channel

If your project performs data acquisition of channels as Waveform data type(instead of single point), you can't associate this channel to a Aliases. Since the waveform data type receives a buffer of data, you could choose some common options for that channels, such as max buffer value, mean among others.

Since it does not exist, I had to create an workaround by acquiring data as single point and logged them using embedded data logger, then had to use Diadem to create the waveform channel.

In addition, it would also allow to acquire data in higher rates because the waveform acquisition loop runs ins parallel to the PCL.

This feature would be extrememly handy for those who are using waveform acquisition and logging, and would save me some months of work.

Guilherme Correa
4 Comments
crossrulz
Knight of NI

Actually, you can.  You get the Waveform Attributes and then use Get Variant Attribute to get the NI_ChannelName variant attribute.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Guilherme_Correa

When you are creating the SDF and you have an Waveform channel, you can't associate this channel to an Alias.

In the examble below, I have added the PXIe-6363 to the project and created 3 waveform channels. In the Aliases list they are not available to be linked to an alias.

This function wold be handy when you use Veristand to perform high speed data acquistion in test benches.

vs_alias.PNG

Guilherme Correa
crossrulz
Knight of NI

Ah.  You should have made it more clear you were talking about VeriStand.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Guilherme_Correa

Sorry if i was not clear before.

Guilherme Correa