Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Core vi broken

Thanks for working on this AQ.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 31
(3,256 Views)

Jed394 wrote:

Also, its not your fault, but its bugs like this, and the fact they can't be fixed for over a year, that makes it hard to encourage new developers to go all in on LVOOP.  Its powerful but it has its quirks. 

Oh, this one is my fault. I'm not going to shirk that responsibility.

Message 22 of 31
(3,256 Views)

Thanks a lot for exploring the bug. It's good to have always a backup prepared...

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 31
(3,256 Views)

I was pointed to this thread from the main NI discussion boards. I am having the same issue; was wondering if there was an progress made? My workaround has been to simply make a copy of the AF library after a fresh install and copy it over the broken library. I also never saw this in LV 2013; it was introduced in 2014.

My other thread: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LV-2014-Actor-Framework-Stop-Core-vi-becomes-corrupted/td-p/3128434

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 31
(3,256 Views)

seanohue: See my previous post. The issue is reproducible all the way back to 8.2. There will not be a fix for it in 2015 and unlikely for 2016. Unfortunately, a bug that old becomes architecture, and several things are going to have to shift before it can be tackled directly. There's a large refactoring effort already going that will resolve this issue, but I can't predict a timetable for it.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 31
(3,256 Views)

Oops, sorry AQ. I was just relieved to see that it wasn't just me having the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 31
(3,256 Views)

I had this problem occur today... Following Ludwig72's workaround, I was trying to figure out if I had a clean/original copy of Stop Core.vi to replace the corrupted one.  Not finding an easy solution, I happened to right click on the corrupted Stop Core.vi from wtihin Windows Explorer.  I noticed "Restore previous versions" showed up.  That led me to a dialog where I was able to copy the original Stop Core.vi from a restore point Windows created when I originally installed 2014.  Nice.  Maybe this will help someone in the future if they run into the problem and are reading through this thread.

Message 27 of 31
(3,256 Views)

Here is a recover procedure:

1.  Close all project and exit LabVIEW.

2.  Open Actor Framework.lvlib.

3.  Remove Stop Core.vi from Actor.lvclass (delete it or remove it from library - remove from library *may* clear the problem on Stop Core.vi).

4.  Open Stop Core.vi.

5.  Add Stop Core to Actor.lvclass by dragging Stop Core's icon into the library.  You must drag the icon; other methods won't work.

6.  Stop Core should no longer be broken.

7.  Give Stop Core protected scope.

8.  Save All This Class.

I worked this out in a recent actor framework class, and have used it a few times since.  It seems to solve the problem.

Message 28 of 31
(3,256 Views)

I've had the most success with simply restoring a non-broken version of the Actor Framework lib's directory from either a "clean" backup made and stored somewhere, or through the Windows "restore previous versions" functionality.  This is especially helpful if you tried something similar to niACS's solution without knowing exactly what to do, and broke the whole library.  Not that I've done that, of course, that would be silly and irresponsible to dig around through dependencies that I have no proper idea how to fix.

Message 29 of 31
(3,256 Views)

Those options work, too, of course, but having to hunt down an AF backup is a bother.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 31
(3,256 Views)