Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitored Actor on RT

It doesn't look like Monitored Actors are supported on RT but if I am wrong I will be pleasantly suprised and have some other problem.

My problem comes in that I have a Proxy Class that I am sharing between both Host and RT so I can send messages back and forth.  This has to be the parent to anything that needs to deal with the messages and unfortunately when the UI uses the monitored actors it inserts the monitored actor class as the parent.  This means that when I switch back to RT I have to change the inheritance back to get it to work.  Is there any way of getting around this and still using Monitored Actors?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,448 Views)

Not really being familiar with RT: is there no possibility to use the DETT instead of the Monitored Actor?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,413 Views)

There is the RT Execution Trace Toolkit and I imagine that can be used in some capacity however it is a little more intrusive and time consuming to set up.

I was looking for some advice with the current tool as I like it's features but it seems unusable with a proxy class.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,405 Views)

There is a VI, Write to System Log.vi, that writes to the linux Syslog on our more recent RT targets.  It writes to console on the older ones; you could capture the outpout with a terminal program of some kind.  The VI is supported on all platforms (except FPGA, of course).

You can go into AF Debug.lvlib (in LabVIEW/resource/AF Debug) and replace all instances of Generate User-Defined Trace Event with Write to System Log.vi.  (Actually, I would throw a conditional disable structure around Generate User-Defined Trace Event, and put Write to System Log.vi in a case that is enabled when Target == RT.)  Then you can use AF Debug Tracing to get a trace log for your RT actors.

We're looking at doing exactly this for a future version of LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,396 Views)