From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error 1055 when overriding Actor Core inheriting from a compiled plugin (lvlibp)

Hi

I'm currently trying to get my hands on Actors and plugins, using LV 2016

After having followed the very accurate recipe found here (http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Development-Best/Plug-in-Architecture-using-Packed-Project-Libraries...), I manage to have:

- an "Abstract plugin.lvclass" (inheriting from Actor) in a lvlib in some project. I compiled this .lvlib into a "Abstract plugin.lvlibp"

- a "Concrete plugin.lvclass" (inheriting from "Abstract plugin.lvplib:Abstract plugin.lvclass") in another project. If I right click that "Concrete plugin.lvclass" and hit "New > Vi for override", I keep getting error 1055 (see screenshot)

Error 1055 when overriding any Actor method.png

The only solution is to use the lvlib instead of the lvlibp, i.e. inherit from "Abstract plugin.lvlib:Abstract plugin.lvclass" instead of "Abstract plugin.lvlibp:Abstract plugin.lvclass". In such case, I am able to override Actor Core for example

If I create the Actor Core this way, and switch back to inheriting from the compiled plugin class (lvlipb), The Actor Core gets broken.

What am I doing wrong ? Is there any way for me to build the compiled plugin so that I can still override Actor's methods ? (there is no point in using actors in my case if I can't do that)

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,317 Views)