From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AF lvlib to packed library error

Hi,

I want to modify my project to plugin architecture. I compiled the AF lib to AF ppl. When I tried to replace the AF lib with ppl, I got the errors msgs you can see below.

I tried to compile the AF lib in a blank project and than replace the AF lib in my project. It works, everything fine. But when I closed the project and reopen it again, it was unable to load the AF ppl. It was just loading and loading and nothing ... ... Please help.

compile setting.png

error II.pngerror.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,773 Views)

Hi,

have you already seen this thread? There is a bit of tinkering involved to get this working properly.

If the PPL is ok, basically all you have to do is add the PPL to your project, right click the regular Actor Frameowrk.lvlib and choose "Replace with Packed Library" (or similar). This should do the job.

Are you aware of namespace-issues when switching over to PPL?

BTW... be carfull with removing unused library members...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,586 Views)

I did some changes in compileler setting -

- final library name changed to Actor Framework.lvlibp

- all items are unchecked in Additional Exclusion setting

After successfull compilation, I added the Actor Framework.lvlibp to the project, with the same errors as shown in the top post.

Could you explain the namespace-issues a bit more ???

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,586 Views)

Regarding the name-spacing:

as soon as you compile any library into a lvlibp, LabVIEW handles the member of the library differently:

MyLib.lvlib:MyMethod.vi  will become MyLib.lvlibp:MyMethod.vi

This also means, that objects defined in both libs will become "un-exchangeable" so within your project, you have to make sure, that you only use either the lvlib or the lvlibp

This also means, in your case, when switching to the compiled AF, you will have trouble when you want to use e.g. the Message Makersince it defaults to the vi.lib (uncompiled) version.

Are you trying to build the AF PPL within a seperate project? Doing it from the same as your "application" will cause trouble...

Message 4 of 5
(3,586 Views)

The problem with compilation was solved by reinstalation to LV2016. There was probably something corrupted in the project or the libraries.

Thank Oli for your answers and hints....

The issue with Message Maker is worked out by Project Provider in LV2016. It is automatically linked with AF.lvlibp when it is add to the project...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,586 Views)