From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the power of myrio is not enough

Hello,
iam using myrio and i have connected with many sensors like: (GPS,Compass,usb camera,LiDAR, Motor Driver )
usb camera and the liDAR connected via usb Hub ,
so when i run a code that acquire data from all of these sensors the myrio start disconnect , keep giving me waiting myrio to response .

so i need a help how to solve this problem , also how can i measure how much current consumption of myrio while iam connecting all of these sensors 
any idea?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,924 Views)

You may need to externally power your sensors using a different power supply.

Michael Bilyk
Former NI Software Engineer (IT)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,873 Views)

This can happen if your code has very fast loops. Those will consume all CPU time and not give enough time for communication with host PC.

I don't think it is a power problem. If it were, power will go down directly after you connect sensors, not run your code. Try to increase loop time using delays. Increase time-loop period if you are using timed loops.

Are you programming using USB or wifi? Does any of your sensors use wifi?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,851 Views)

thank you for replaying
yes you are right the problem is in the code it self I have like 4 loops separate and my pc has only 2 processor
"Are you programming using USB or wifi? Does any of your sensors use wifi?"

yes iam connecting the pc and myrio via wifi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,838 Views)