Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reading wrong values from RFID

hello

i am trying to read RFID using a myrioand a dorset lid 665 (http://www.dorset.nu/upload/File/dorset-id/lid650665/LID650__LID665_040511.pdf).

the vi attached manages to identify the rfid signals, but no matter how i configure the visa serial number (the baudrate should be 9600, but i tried every single cinfiguration  to no avail), i keep getting wrong numbers in the 
RFID tag bytes indicator.

anyone an guide me to where my problem is?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,417 Views)

Hi davyx8,

Can you provide more detail into what you are expecting versus what is actually occurring in terms of data?

When you say that the rfid signals are showing up correctly, does this mean that all your other indicators are outputting correctly (i.e. number, offset past number, Serial Settings: Number of Bytes at Serial Port, HexString)

Also, what is the Termination Character CA? Did you try using CR instead?

Nadine H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,387 Views)

i am supposed to be reading a HEx. string that contains 10 bytes, something like: (00074F2C82) and instead getting the string "F8F8000000000034F236CA000" .

when the F8F8, are the STX , CA terminating character. but the rest doesnt make much sense so i dont know how to parse it.

the number of bytes in port is 12 as expected.

im not sure what exactly im supposed to get in the offset past number part.

thanks alot!

David

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,381 Views)

Hi davyx8,

I have noticed that you have based your code on the RFID demo example code so I was trying to make a comparison in between the codes to determine if there was something in the configuration that might be causing that issue, but now I have some extra questions actually, why did you changed the termination character which should be the ETX from x3 to CA?

Also, sorry if this question was implicit but are you using the RS-232 communication?

have you tried running the example attached to this video ?

Regards,

Sil.VI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,347 Views)

hey

a. i did try with 3x, same resulkt, i also tried without any termination to see the whole string , always get same result.

b. yeah it is RS-232, but i tried also different baud rates to see if it changes, but to no avail

thanks

david

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,337 Views)
Your 'something like' example is only 5 bytes so your question is confusing.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,328 Views)