Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"unable to view properties" error when accessing properties myRIO onboard utility VI's.

When trying to see properties of myRIO onboard utility VI's I get the error : "unable to view properties". (See screenshot). Without acces to the properties it is impossible to work with the myRIO. The properties of other blocks (non-myRIO VI's) can be opened without problems.

I am using LabView 2013 with the myRIO module. I have tried installing all the updates and reinstalling LV, but both without succes.

I have installed LV from the DVD's that come with the myRIO package without any errors during installation. Also I have installed it from the same DVD's on a computer at my university and there it works fine.

Does anyone have an idea what might be causing this error? 

I really appreciate any help that can be provided, 

Best regards,

Paul.

Unabletoviewprops.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,885 Views)

Hey Paul,

Do you get that error message when you place an express VI from the myRIO palette? 

What happens when you place a VI from the myRIO>>Advanced IO palette?

Does the example code work (ie can you run the code in the screen shot above on myRIO successfully).

Can you attach a MAX technical report (instructions here).

Thanks!

-Sam K

LabVIEW Hacker

Join / Follow the LabVIEW Hacker Group on google+

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,871 Views)

Hi Paul,

As Sam mentions, there might be a problem when it comes to the installed software, for that the MAX report would be usefull. Are you approaching the myRIO from a windows PC in both cases? (home and university?)

The problem might occur due to your firewall: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/CEF5A3568A5DA71D8625732800520EA1?OpenDocument

Best,

Jos

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,859 Views)

The problem is probably not due to a firewall issue.  

The error message is most likely caused because the Express VI Framework cannot find the configuration pane of the express VI.  My guess is that this is due to a Windows permissions problem or an uncommon installation path (the MAX report should help with these).

The myRIO Module is only supported on Windows and cannot be installed on Mac or Linux so I think its safe to assume Paul is using Windows.

I'll have more suggestions after I see the MAX report.

-Sam K

LabVIEW Hacker

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,855 Views)

Hi all,

Thank you all for your replies. I have made a max report and attached it. I used the standard technical support report, is that enough?

In reply to your questions:

- Yes I get the error message when I place a express VI it from the myRIO palette.

- When I open a VI from the myRIO>>Advanced IO palette it seems to work normally, I can access its features.

- The example code does work, ie I can run it and it without errors and it plots the accelerometer data.

- Also I do use a uncommon installation path. I have it installed on a different hdd than my OS (which is indeed windows on both my home and university computer).

Thank you for your effort,

Paul.

PS. the project is just the standard myRIO project you get when you start a new myRIO project from the project explorer. I only added the LED VI to see whether it would give the same error and it did.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,849 Views)

I'm almost certain this is a bug in the myRIO software and is due to the install location.

When a myRIO Express VI loads it's configuration window it loads its state (from the last time you edited it or it generates a new state for a new, unconfigured EVI).  It seems that the config window cannot find it's saved state.  I'll report this as a bug, but for now your best bet might be to move all of the NI software for myRIO (LabVIEW, myRIO, LabVIEW RT, LabVIEW FPGA, etc) to the root directory (C Drive).

Sorry for the bad news Smiley Sad

-Sam K

LabVIEW Hacker

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,844 Views)

Hmmm, that is bad news indeed, the reason why it is on my 😧 drive is that the C drive is a small ssd with only 6.5Gb left and the program is about 5.5Gb. I'll try later tonight or tomorrow to reinstall anyways to see if this is indeed the problem. If it is, lets hope that it gets fixed. I'll also let the NI technical support know about this issue. 

Thanks again for your help and I'll keep you updated about whether or not it is the actual problem.

Regards, Paul.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,839 Views)

You can reference CAR (Corrective Action Request) 457383 if you talk to NI support.

-Sam K

LabVIEW Hacker

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,835 Views)