Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No supported devices"

Hi, I've used the MyDAQ on this system in the past. Most of the times it worked, sometimes it just refuses to. I'm running on Windows 10 and USB 2.0 ports. The USB ports work perfectly with other devices (e.g. external HDD). My Windows account has administrator rights. I've installed all the latest software and drivers, over 10GB of downloads from NI because there's no clear indication of what the latest version is, or what I need. I've downloaded and installed both ElvisMX and NIDAQ. NIDAQ installs, but refuses to register, saying that I have missing details on my online profile (but I've filled out everything). The Troubleshooting Utility gives an error saying that it requires LabView 2009 Run-Time. The LabView 2016 Run-Time reports that it will install no software or drivers. My USB cable works (tested on other devices). MyDAQ shows up on NI MAX but it says drivers not installed, even though I installed everything and restarted my computer literally a dozen times. However, the blue LED only lights up for a few seconds then turns off.

I'm at wit's end. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,743 Views)

Hello,

Order of installation matters here. Do you still have your CD that came with the myDAQ? That is the easiest way to install the minimal software. If you are downloading from the website, the order of download should be LabVIEW, then Circuit Design Suite Software, then NI ELVISmx Driver. Please check section 2 of the link below if you would like more information.

Setting Up Your NI myDAQ

On the other hand, are you running this through a virtual machine on your computer?

Eric

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,689 Views)