From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pressure from velocity conversion in labview

I am currently working on a project with myrio labview and I am using some 8 piezoelectric sensors.I just need to know the conversion of voltage to pressure.My sensor output will be voltage which is fed to the myrio .I need the results in terms of pressure.How to do the conversion?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,809 Views)

@gayu420 wrote:

I am currently working on a project with myrio labview and I am using some 8 piezoelectric sensors.I just need to know the conversion of voltage to pressure.My sensor output will be voltage which is fed to the myrio .I need the results in terms of pressure.How to do the conversion?

Hi Gayu,

The conversion formula you will use depends on the type of sensor you are using, and will be provided by the sensor manufacturer. A typical conversion formula will be a function of the excitation voltage, full scale capacity of the sensor, and a calibration factor.

In order to convert the voltage into pressure Refer to the below formula 

For example, a pressure transducer with a full scale capacity of 10,000 PSI and a calibration factor of 3mv/V and given an excitation voltage of 10V DC produces a measured voltage of 15 mV, the measured pressure would be 5000 PSI.

Hope this helps

Kudos are welcome Smiley Happy

Certified-LabVIEW-Developer_rgb.jpg 

Certified LabVIEW Developer
Best LabVIEW Programmer @NIDAYS 2015
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,774 Views)