Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network shared variable error with myRio

Hey everybody

I hope you can help me with a really annoying problem. We (7 Students) are using myRio for a school project.

We have to send some userinput data from a laptop to the myRio (start, stop and a parameter). For this we use a shared variable with the variable type network published. The library from the variable is located on the laptop.
Normaly the variable works. But when someone else opens the code on his own laptop he gets an error code "-1950679035 Unable to locate variable in the Shared Variable Engine. "
We tried the errorhandling steps (Registered the laptop, deployed the library with the variable again) and in addition to that we assign the variable in the code new. And close labview. Somethimes it works afterwards. Sometimes we have to assign the variable again and then it works.

But it is more like we do this steps and hopefully they help but in fact we have no clue what we are doing or where the problem lies exactly.

I hope you can bring some light into the dark.
If you need any further information please tell me.

WebFoxx

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,976 Views)

Hey WebFoxx,

There are many reasons why this error occurs.

Did you try this troubleshooting?
Error -1950679035 When Using LabVIEW Shared Variables - National Instruments
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/749C89CAF43EE11C8625771C007A53D2

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,941 Views)

Yes we already tried that.
Sometimes it helps. Sometimes it don't.

In the error message there is an IP referenced that don't match our ip adress. We don't know how it gets there.
I'm pretty sure there is the source of the problem. And sometimes we manage to override it and then it works.

If you have other suggestions we are open to it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,908 Views)