Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myrio digital channels always HIGH

Solved!
Go to solution

When my myRIO is powered on, all of the DIO channels on both the A and B connectors are in a HIGH state, regardless of whether I have a VI running or not. If I run a simple VI as shown in the figure, the digital state does not change when clicking the "DI On/Off" button. It is always HIGH. Any idea what is going on? 

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(6,112 Views)

Also, when I run the default myRIO project, I get the following error status. I'm not sure if the two issues are related?

error.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(6,108 Views)
What is the error message that comes with the error code - if you right click on it and select 'explain error', what's the full message? That error code suggests that it can't find the myRIO - did you update the IP address? Does the myRIO show as connected in NI MAX?

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(6,097 Views)

Here is the full error, and also the project view with the Max view. The device is recognized and connected via USB. I just created this project and selected this specific target as the target to use for the project.error2.PNG

device.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(6,089 Views)
Can you attach the 'main' VI - what is the name of the FPGA device under 'devices and interfaces'? I suspect that you might have a mis-match between the RIO device name in the VI and the name of the resource.

(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(6,081 Views)

I'm not sure how to view the name of the FPGA device under 'devices and interfaces'. I attached the project and VI files. Also a screenshot of the project and the propertites. 99% of the time when I go to the properties, the name is greyed out and I can't change it. However, I was able to edit it once and changed it to the name shown in MAX. Still no luck. Also, greyed back out so I can't make changes again.

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(6,079 Views)

Also, the expanded view in MAX

Capture3.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(6,078 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zillion

Has it worked before and now it no longer works? I'm pretty sure you should have the FPGA target called 'RIO0' visible under Devices and Interfaces in MAX.

Here it is for my cRIO:

2016-04-05_16-45-15.png

It would imply to me that you are missing a software component/drivers - either on your PC (check in 'software' under 'my computer' for CompactRIO and NI-RIO and maybe that you have the FPGA module installed?), or on the target itself (try reinstalling the recommended software set on the myRIO).

(blog)
Message 8 of 13
(6,073 Views)

It was working, but then I tried re-installing software on the myRIO because the Vision part hadn't instaleld correctly and I wasn't able to use a USB camera. I'll try re-installing software again!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(6,071 Views)

Am I missing anything?

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(6,068 Views)