Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myrio basic examples

I am not sure what menu you are displaying.  I looked under the tools menu of labview.  I opened the measurement & explorer automation and saw only 2 related items. NI vison runtime 2013 and Image processingh and machine vision.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(3,336 Views)

Hey HBNI,

MAX (Measurement and Automation Explorer) is a stand alone application that is included with LabVIEW.  You can launch MAX from the Windows Start Menu (Start>>All Programs>>National Instruments>>MAX).

Once oyu have MAX open look at the left side of the screen and expand Remote Devices.  You should see your myRIO listed and then you should be able to follow the instructions from the previous posts.

Let us know if that works for you or if you have more questions.

-Sam K

LabVIEW Hacker

Join / Follow the LabVIEW Hacker Group on google+

Message 12 of 14
(3,329 Views)

That screen capture is from Measurement & Automation Explorer.  Expand the "Remote Systems" tab, then expand the menu for your myRIO target.  Under that you will see "Software", which displays the software you have installed to your myRIO.  The software tab under "My System" shows the software you have installed on your host PC. You may need to install additional software on your myRIO.  This is also described in the KnowledgeBase article linked in that post (Steps 1-3).

It looks like the link to the tutorial Sam provided is broken, so here's that one again:

Getting Started: Install Software on Your NI CompactRIO Controller

http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/setuphardware/compactrio/controllersoftware.htm

Hope that helps!

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(3,328 Views)

Please ignore my previous message on locating software on Devices and systems.  I found it under Remote systems-software.  I am downloading additional software now.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(3,327 Views)