Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mydaq with vernier hand dynamometer

Solved!
Go to solution
hi i'm writing a project with my friend in a course based on the labview software and our project area is biosensors. we've received a hand dynamometer by vernier to be the sensor of our project and need to write "everything" to use it and show any type of results (the interface for it to connect with the pc is NI-myDAQ). one of our problems is that we can't find the right way to connect it to the myDAQ device (there is a pinout description on the vernier website but it's only for the connector itself and not the actual sensor). we don't know which wires are active, what is the conversion constants of the output of the sensors etc. anybody who has experience with this or something similar and can maybe offer some help (even a place of where to look for this information), would be greatly appreciated. i've tried searching the forums with as few keywords as i could come up with (something like "hand dynamometer mydaq") but nothing yielded any results i'm afraid... much thanks in advance. i'm posting the links to the hand dynamometer and the connector we were given. http://www.vernier.com/products/sensors/hd-bta/ http://www.vernier.com/products/accessories/bta-elv/
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,493 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author abenigma

Hello abenigma,

I am not very familiar with the vernier hand dynamometer sensor, but if it uses the same Analog Proto Board Connector the connection should look something like this:

Connect the following pins to wire the connector:

1. AI0+ to SIG1 of the Analog Proto Board Connector

2. +5V DC power supply to 5V of the Analog Proto Board Connector

3. GROUND power supply to GND of the Analog Proto Board Connector

4. AI0- to GND of the Analog Proto Board Connector 

Give it a try.

~ Sandra

Message 2 of 3
(6,488 Views)
thanks a lot sandra, greatly appreciate it. the connections seem fine and also according to what i would expect. no "drift" in signal over time (as was with the previous type of connections we made) and a good clean visible response on the test panels with the sensor and mydaq. you've solved our biggest problem to this point. now we need to work on conversion constant and a good VI to go along with the good connection 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,483 Views)