Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mydaq usb connection - lost immediately

Hello, 

I just recieved a mydaq, and am having troubles getting it connected. The process I followed, was install the supplied software (labview, NI-Elvis, NI-mydaq drivers), and then plugged in the usb mydaq. It is found quickly, finds driver successfully, and then immediately disconnects. The blue light on the unit stays lit as long as the USB is plugged in.

After unplugging, and replugging in the unit, I hear an audible sound from windows 7 confirming a new device has been connected (same sound as when plugging in a USB drive), and within 3 seconds, another sound is heard, (same sound as when unplugging usb drive).

When I load the ELVIS application, and try to take a DMM measurement, under the Device dropdown box, it says No supported devices. But, when I plug in the myDAQ, "No Supported Devices" changes to "myDAQ1....." for a brief second. So, it looks like its being found, but loses connection immediately.

I may have a defective unit, but unsure. Does anyone have any recommendations on making the DAQ maintain a usb connection

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,202 Views)

Hi aquene,

Are you connecting the device to an USB 2.0 port? Have you try the device in another USB port or in another computer?  just to discard any problem with your current PC.

Let us know if you get the same result.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,173 Views)

HI,

Just  to  let  you know  of  my experience. I  had  the  same problem as you . It  kept loosing connection  and  making  a sound every time it lost  connection, very frustrating.

The  fault  was my own making . I used a USB cable  that was not  the  original and was longer  than  original. 

Works fine  now

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,045 Views)