From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myRio features not available

Hello,

I have installed LabView 2014 SP1 (32bit), NI DAQ, and myRio Toolchain. But when I try to run the Discrete LED example I get the below error. Seems as if LabView can't find the myRio vis. Anyone has any idea what's going on? Also it shows myRio as having features not available?? Iv'e tried adding C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\vi.lib\myRIO to the vi search path, but that didn't help. 

novis.PNG

nofeatures.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(10,738 Views)

Hello j.valerio,

You mentioned that you have installed LabVIEW 2014 and the myRIO Toolkit but did you also install the LabVIEW Real-Time Module? This add-on is required to use the myRIO. The link below describes the required software.

Required Software for NI myRIO
http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/14603/en/

Regards,

j_bou

Message 2 of 15
(10,699 Views)
Yes I installed the real-time-module, you actually can't installthe myRio toolkit if the module is not installed. So I'm not hinking might be an issue with LabView 2014 SP1 as I don't have this problem on another pc that doesn't have SP1 installed.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(10,694 Views)

Hello j.valerio,

I am running LabVIEW 2014 SP1 on my computer and can open and run the code without any problems. When you recieve that error, is it when you try to open the VI or when you try to run the VI? If the error appears when you try to open it, if you click "Ignore All", can you run the code?

On my computer the file that LabVIEW is looking for is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\vi.lib\rvi\interface\Simulation. Try finding the specific VI that LabVIEW is looking for on your computer and add its path to the VI search path in LabVIEW.

Regards,

j_bou

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(10,665 Views)

Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm still having issues.When I press Ignore All I can't run the code because LabView can't find the VIs. Adding the path to the missing VI fixes the loading issue, but the code still doesn't run, I get an error that the myRio can be found. Everything was running fine untill I tried to update LabView to SP1 then all the problems started. Not sure if directory names where changed or what. I uninstalled all Labview components from my PC and rinstalled everything in the below order, but still had the same problems.

1. LabVIEW 2014 SP1 32-bit

2. LabVIEW Real-Time Module

3. 2014 myRIO Toolkit

4. NI-DAQmx

The abode are all latest downloads. The myRio is detected properly by MAX and the myRIO Launch screen when USB is connected launches properly, I can run the myRIO getting started wizard without problems.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(10,657 Views)

Hello j.valerio,

It seems like you are making progress. You are now able to open the VI and press the run button. At this point we just need to figure out why you are not able to connect to the myRIO.

1) Have you verified that the IP address in the project (next to the myRIO) is correct? The myRIO IP address should always be 172.22.11.2 (you can check this in MAX). Make sure this is the IP address set in the project.

2) Did you try to connect to the myRIO in the project by right clicking on the myRIO and then choosing the connect option?

3) Are you able to connect and run any other example on the myRIO?

Regards,

j_bou

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(10,643 Views)

Why are you installing DAQmx?  You're working with a RIO device.  Try installing NI-RIO instead.

Message 7 of 15
(10,622 Views)
Valerio,

Launch LabView and create a new VI using the myRIO tamplate.
Next screen is where you see the the project name and path and below that you will see information regarding the myRIO connection: USB, Network, .... Do you see your myRIO there? If not, select the network option and use the default IP address: 172.22.11.2 and press Return. This should bring up a list of things you can address in the myRIO. If I don't select the network connection and manually put in the IP address I can't access any of the resources for the myRIO.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(10,595 Views)

I still can't figure this out. It does find the myRio device, but it then asks for the VIs again and shows the no features available. I have no idea why it's behaving this way. Everything used to work just fine until I updated to SP1. I've tried uninstalling and installing a few times in different ways, but nothing. Last resort is to try the discs it comes with again and see what it does.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(10,580 Views)
Change your path.
Lookup a previous post in this forum.
Somehow labview is looking for the VIs in the wrong place.
I posted instructions on how to change the path.
If that doesn't work you may have to re-install LabView and all other software for myRIO in the order suggested.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(10,570 Views)