From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myRio NI usb monitor

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello guys, 

I have a myRIO 1900, i have installed all the NI software suit for it, and I can find it with labview and NI mAX, however when i plug it in to my computer, the NI myRiO usb monitor don't pop up, 

i have tried to re-install all the things but still the same problem, 

if any one can help me, i will be very thankfull, 

thanks in advace, 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(9,944 Views)
Solution
Accepted by raoufmoussa

Raoufmoussa,

Can you add your myRIO manually to a blank project?  You can do this by creating a blank project, right-clicking the project in the explorer and selecting New > Targets and Devices.  If you expand myRIO when you have existing target or device selected does it show up?

What OS, LabVIEW, and toolkit/driver versions are you using? 

I have seen some problems where nothing pops up when you plug in the myRIO if everything isn't up to date or there is a mismatch in versions.  Check to see if you can add the device manually first though.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 2 of 8
(9,930 Views)
Solution
Accepted by raoufmoussa

Hello sir, thank you for your reply, 

yeah i does show up, and i can use it in a new project and using normaly with labview, the only problem is the usb monitor, i cannot make it appear, i am using window 7, and labview 2013 sp1, 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(9,915 Views)
Solution
Accepted by raoufmoussa

First, check if you have a file called ni_usbmon.exe in either:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\myRIO\

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 201x\resource\MyRIO\

If not, the USB monitor is not installed for some reason. If you have the it, right click on it and select Create Shorcut, rename the shortcut NI myRIO USB Monitor and place the shortcut in

C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Restart the computer and try again.

Camilo V.
National Instruments
Message 4 of 8
(9,898 Views)

i have similar problem and i dont have myrio folder in shared. what shall i do???

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(7,381 Views)
Solution
Accepted by raoufmoussa

If you don't have the folder Camilo pointed would try repairing the installation for the myRIO Toolkit. I would also go into LabVIEW and check what options are available under Tools > Choose Environment. If a myRIO option doesn't exist then I would guess you don't have the correct version installed.

If that doesn't work I would create a new post for your specific issue because this thread is just about 2 years old.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(7,373 Views)
Solution
Accepted by raoufmoussa

thank you.. i have installed 2016 now. myrio cannot gets connected to my project. how could overcome this. the ni device monitor shows no device is being connected. is there any drivers available or please help with the procedures.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,358 Views)
Solution
Accepted by raoufmoussa

Hi Suja94,

Just to make sure, check and see that you have all the required myRIO software installed. Required software is listed in this article:

Required Software for myRIO

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/14603/en/ 

This includes:

LabVIEW 

LabVIEW Real-Time

LabVIEW myRIO Toolkit

You can also try the following troubleshooting steps:
1. Try all USB ports on your PC

2. Unplug/replug your NI myRIO USB device
3. Reset your  target using the reset button
4. Unplug/replug the power connector
5. Ensure that you have a USB 2.0 cable. Older USB 1.1 cables will not work.

6. Reboot in Safe Mode as directed in the user manual (http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/376047a.pdf)

If these steps do not work, can you repost your question to a new thread? A new thread will get much more traffic from community members and you will likely find your solution faster.

Alex W.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 8 of 8
(7,350 Views)