Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myRIO

I am using a myRIO to measure strain with a Wheatstone bridge. I used the wiring scheme shown in Fig 4 at http://www.ni.com/example/31417/en/, except wired the Vex to C/AO1 instead of the constant 5V. When I run my VI, I get a measured Vex of only 0.2V for anything from 1-10V. If I disconnect my Wheatstone bridge and just connect straight from AO to AI, it measures the corresponding voltage (using the same VI). I am wondering if there is some current limit on the MSP on myRIO that is cutting my voltage? Or is there something else going on?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,027 Views)

Hi Zillion,

The myRIO has a 3mA current limit on the Analog Outputs. These are not meant to supply power. This can be seen on page 22 of the myRIO specifications manual here

Hope this helps!

Robert R. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,012 Views)

Using external power solves the problem. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,001 Views)

I am trying to do the exact same thing as this student was, but on the version of Labview that came with the myRio, I can not find the DAQ Assistant?  Does this student version not have that?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,292 Views)

@Yhergen wrote:

I am trying to do the exact same thing as this student was, but on the version of Labview that came with the myRio, I can not find the DAQ Assistant?  Does this student version not have that?

Did you also install the drivers?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,287 Views)