Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myRIO with Symantec Endpoint Protection Firewall

Hello,

I've had troubles getting the myRIO to work completely. One of the problems was that the myRIOs (I have 3 for a student project) were not discovered automatically, with the following symptoms. MAX would not auto detect the myRIO when plugged via USB, even if I could create an object and enter the IP address of the myRIO. The getting started device would not detect it and I had troubles adding the target to a new project. I could however configure it via a web browser or through MAX if its IP address had been manually entered first.

All these problems came from a bad configuration of Symantec Endpoint Protection. In the Nework protection module (Firewall), I opened the Change Parameters dialog and switched the Only allow application traffic setting to Allow IP traffic. This cured all the problems described above! I guess the myRIO uses lower level IP traffic for detection. Hope this will be useful!

Now I will try to connect to our wireless network... with our network administrators, because I don't have any clue.

Mathieu

Message 1 of 1
(4,586 Views)