Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myRIO saving Video Question

Solved!
Go to solution

Howdy all!

I am currently trying to use a camera to create a video written to a flash drive. Both the camera and flash drive are connected to a myRIO, and both work with the myRIO. I have as of yet been completely unsuccessful in creating anything at all.

I created my VI using the example Grab and Save to AVI and changed only the save location. Whenever I run the code, an error occurs after the IMAQ AVI2 Create function: error -1074396070. It simply states that "IMAQ Vision:  Unsupported function."

My suspicion is that the myRIO does not support the functions for creating video since the program works fine on my laptop when I run without the myRIO. I've updated the drivers on the myRIO, but the issue remains.

If myRIO does not support Vision, is there another way I can save video using the myRIO?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

-Aggieimperator

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(7,107 Views)

This thread is a duplicate, and can also be found here:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/error-1074396070/m-p/3150167

Please refrain from creating multiple posts for the same issue.

Tanner B.
Systems R&D Engineer - Aerospace, Defense, and Government
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(7,084 Views)

My previous issue was solved permitting the program to save files. This new issue is, I believe is linked to the myRIO instead which is the purpose of my post on this board.

The goal is to save the video to a flash drive, not the local disk. When the progam is ultimately used, my computer will not be connected the myRIO to save the data and the local disk drive on the myRIO will not have enough room.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(7,079 Views)

If you probe the output from build path, what do you see? I suspect that you're building your path incorrectly. If you hard-code an absolute path like "U:\temp.avi into "create AVI2" do you get this same issue? 

Tanner B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(7,063 Views)

Thanks for your suggestion!

I probed the build path and it created the path correctly "/U/test.avi". Following your suggestion, I hard-coded the path to "U:\temp.avi" and the path was correctly built. Unfortunately the same error remained right after IMAQ AVI2 Create.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(7,049 Views)

Also, just out of curiosity, I tested another Labview example program to test my suspicion that the myRIO can't work with the AVI related function, and the same error occured.

I tested the AVI Codec Comparision VI and after the first AVI function, the error appeared.

I believe I have all the relavent software installed on the myRIO.

Attached is the example code (only alteration is the pathfile is switched to the flash drive on the myRIO) and view of all my installed software on the myRIO.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(7,041 Views)

Do you happen to know which model you have? Is it the 1900 or the 1950?

Tanner B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(7,024 Views)

I have the 1900 model.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(7,020 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author aggieimperator

Okay, I checked out a 1900 and I also couldn't get the AVI functions to work. I suspect that they aren't supported by the myRIO. Could you instead save the images to the flash drive and convert them to an AVI afterwards?

-Tanner

Tanner B.
National Instruments
Message 9 of 10
(6,994 Views)

Thanks for all your help!

That'll work fine for the project.

It was original plan to just save images, but seeing the video option I figured I'd give it a try. I was just concerned that I was doing something wrong with the code or hadn't downloaded the correct software.

Well, thanks again for the support; I really appreciated it.

-AggieImperator

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(6,988 Views)