From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myRIO not detected

Hi everyone,

I have just got my myRIO and I have been trying to connect it to the computer ever since But I am not able to connect it.

My Computer is: Core i7, windows 7 64 bit, 

• After installing the required softwares in DVD1, I restart the system.
  •  Once I connect it, I face the popup menu with 4 options.
  • step 1.PNG
  • After clicking Launch the Getting Started Wizard, I face the following:
  • step 2.PNG

Kindly guide.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(9,897 Views)

Did you use the USB cable that came with the unit. (I heard that some older USB cables won't work right.)

Do you have admin privilieges on your PC?

Are you running any unusual antivirus or other security software?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(9,892 Views)

Does that SN match the one for the myRIO you have?  If so, it's reading it at least for that point.

If you open MAX, do you see anything under Remote Devices?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(9,884 Views)
Yes SN matches.
And yes I am using a USB cable. But I don't know how to figure out of this is the one I need for this model.
myRIO also appears in the remote devices under NI max too.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(9,881 Views)

That's strange.  If it's showing up under Remote Systems, that means it's being seen.  What happens if you hit Refresh on the other screen telling you it can't find the myRIO?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(9,844 Views)

I actually had a similar issues the first time I hooked up myRIO. I think it fixed itself after I ran the USB monitor as administrator once but I don't remember the details. Worth a try. (close it, then right-click...run as administrator). It really made no sense at the time.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(9,831 Views)

I ll try that. 
But for now, I installed it on my personal machine and it worked like a charm!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(9,828 Views)

I had this problem too. In my case the firewall in Symantec Endpoint Protection had activated itself and blocked communication.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(9,596 Views)

I am having the same issue as above.

How do I run it as administrator? I can't find the .exe file for the myRIO USB Monitor.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(6,431 Views)

Hi mr108,

Since the above thread hasn't seen any activity in two years, it might be best to create a new thread with your problem statement (and maybe more context into your myRIO/computer setup -- which myRIO are you using? OS? Firewalls active? RIO driver installed? etc.)

Nick

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(6,418 Views)