From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myRIO myHub CAN bus

Solved!
Go to solution

At NI Week this year there was a company that made a device called myHub which plugged in the top of the myRIO and provided multiple USB ports (I think 3) and a physical ethernet port.  This same company also demonstrated a CAN bus add on for communicating over the automotive standard CAN.

I did a bunch of searching but I couldn't find either of these products, or the company that makes them.  Is there some information from this company about these products, and their availability?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(9,328 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hooovahh

Hi there,

I believe you were looking for the X [CAN] card developed by a company called Stratom.

I hope this helps

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(9,301 Views)

Yeah that's them.  Seems there still isn't much information about their products yet.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(9,295 Views)

Do you have any idea as to when the Stratcom X-CAN addon myRIO, will be available.? I have to implement a project to acquire real time battery and other relevant data from Mitsubishi i-MiEVs and store it and later analyze the data. Do you think this device will be able to meet the requirements? Do you have any suggestions as to how I should go about it? Any other package...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(8,983 Views)
Any XNet or older series 2 CAN device as has a built in buffer. So a Windows PC can request all frames once a second and get all data from the previous second. A myRIO would be nice because it can be a headless logger. A cRIO with an CAN port can do this too.
Message 5 of 8
(8,977 Views)

Hi,

I am currently working for Stratom and I am glad you have shown such interest in our products that we showed at NI Week! as far as our X-CAN, you can purchase the product here... https://www.ni.com/en-us/shop/model/stratom-myrio-can-adapter.html

As far as the X-HUB that we demonstrated on the expo floor, we have finished our prototypes and are waiting to begin production so they can be available to the general public soon. Let me know if this helps your search! If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond.

Regards,

Stratom, Inc.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(8,793 Views)

I know this is months later but I just realized your link has an extra space in it, causing it to not work.  I believe the link you wanted to provide is this one.

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/212740

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(8,110 Views)

Yes the above link is correct

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(8,104 Views)