Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myRIO functions palatte

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm using a myRIO with LabVIEW for the first time. I watched some videos by Veneet, and am curious why my function palatte does not have the same timing functions as seen in the Measuring Loop Timing in LabVIEW FPGA video. I have attached two screenshots, showing MAX and the myRIO project, and also my functions palatte. Any insight is appreciated.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(8,641 Views)

Hi Zillion,

I haven't seen the videos by Veneet so I'm not sure what his palette looks like, but could it be that he is using the FPGA module?  If you just have the myRIO software and not the FPGA module, and Veneet has an FPGA VI open, then his palette would look different.

Julian R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(8,617 Views)

The FPGA module is installed on the computer that I am using. I have attached a screen shot from the video I was referring to.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(8,615 Views)

Hi Zillion,

It seems like you're not in an FPGA VI.  Have you tried going to File>>New and creating a new LabVIEW FPGA Project, and creating a new VI within that project?  Your palette will be different and hopefully will show the timing VI's.  On my computer, when I open a new normal VI, it doesn't have the timing nodes, but it does with an FPGA VI.

Julian R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(8,569 Views)

I have just tried what you have suggested, and I am not able to select myRIO as my project type. The attached screenshot is what comes up after slecting File>New>FPGA Project.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(8,564 Views)

Hi Zillion,

If you create a cRIO FPGA project and a new VI within that, I think you will see the palette that Veneet has.  Creating a myRIO project is different - you just go to File>>Create Project and select a new myRIO project, but the functions are going to be mostly the same as a regular VI.  Try creating a new cRIO project in the screen you sent me, and see if the palette you have in there looks like the one Veneet has.

Julian R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(8,545 Views)

I am not able to create a cRIO project, because it can't detect a cRIO system. Is there any benefit or advantage to having the palattes from the video, or can I do everything with what is on my palattes?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(8,538 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zillion

Hi Zillion,

You can get the same functionality with your myRIO too.  In LabVIEW, go to File>>Create Project and choose to create a myRIO FPGA Project.  I think you're currently in a regular myRIO project (these are the two options).  Within your FPGA project, expand out the chassis and find your FPGA Target, right click and select New>>VI.  This new VI should be beneath your FPGA Target myRIO and should have the FPGA Module's express VI's, including the timing ones.

Julian R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(8,535 Views)

Finally got it! Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(8,460 Views)