Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myRIO emails?

I've been trying to use LabView/myRIO to send gps location to my phone via sms message. The VIs work seperately, but when I combine them, the VI that sends the email has an error within smtp open handle.VI. I've tried both having the GPS VI as a subVI and the messaging VI as the subVI both produce the same error. The GPS used is Digilent PmodGPS receiver. 

Anybody experienced the same issue of not being able to send email through myRIO?

Download All
Message 1 of 9
(7,185 Views)

Hey there, that's a pretty neat little program you've got there. What what error message are you getting with the SMTP Open Handle? Is there an error number?

Daniel C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(7,166 Views)

When I drop the GPS into the text message VI I get "error - 63192 occurred @niLvFpga_Open_myRIO-1900.vi"

When I drop the text message into the GPS VI I get "Error 7 at call library function node in LabVIEWSMTPClient.lvlib: OpenHandle.vi: 102001 -> Text message.Vi -> main vi"

The original GPS VI was obtained from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SebcpkbYBd4. I've attached pictures of where I added each VI as a subVI. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(7,160 Views)

Hmm it sounds like you have some problems with references to files/the myRIO. Could you post a screenshot of your LabVIEW Project?

Daniel C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(7,136 Views)

Here is an image of how oyur project is currently structured, there are several other VIs shown that we aren't using for this exact process so I've highlied the ones of interest. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(7,118 Views)

So if you have the text message vi under the computer target, when you add it to the Main.vi on the myRIO target, it is likely not loading all the dependencies onto the myRIO. Move the text message vi under the myRIO and try it again.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(7,107 Views)

You should double check and make sure you have the SMTP functionality installed on the myRIO as well. The Installing Software on NI myRIO article gives general instrcutions for opening the Add/Remove Software wizard for the myRIO. This 3rd party site also gives some screenshots.

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(7,096 Views)

After moving the text message VI under the myRIO, I still receive the "Error 7 at call library function node in LabVIEWSMTPClient.lvlib: OpenHandle.vi: 102001 -> Text message.Vi -> main vi message upon running the vi."

Any ideas on how to fix this error? 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(7,050 Views)

Do you have the SMTP Client installed on the myRIO? Go to Add/Remove Software on the myRIO in MAX, choose custom installation, and check to see if the following is installed

smtp software.PNG

Daniel C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 9 of 9
(7,037 Views)