From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myRIO always not respond please help me

I got my myRIO last week.

This is the background:

laptop: win8 pro 64 bits  with labview 2013 64bits

I directly install the myRIO drivers (NI myRIO Software Suite 1.0 (DVD 1 of 2)  

and you know the myRIO only can be used in labview2013 32bits. This driver automatically update to LabVIEW 2013 myRIO 32bits (this detail maybe is the problem, I`m not sure)

ok.After everything has been done, I created a myRIO project as the guide shows and connect myRIO. its working ~ and then I try to run the 'main ' VI (accelerometer inside) of the myRIO. The programme just run for 1min and then stopped.

the warning says: wait for myRIO to respond.   BTW, sometimes, myRIO even cannot be connected if I launch the project slowly.

and i checked the remote systems, the connection was lost but the usb physical connection still exist.

for this problem, I have tried format ad reset as the NI engineer told me in the email. And even the NI engineer who came to my lab today could do nothing for help.

No respond, but it always work successfully for 1min or no more than 2mins after i restart myRIO (Remove the power and restart). It must not be the software, IP address problems or drivers because if these three were the problems,  it is impossible to successfully run it at a short period.      

please, who can help me?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,082 Views)

Hey Stark1989,

When you first connect the myRIO to your PC you should see a pop-up window.  If you run the getting started wizard, deploy the recommended software set and progress to the end of the wizard you should see a test panel that shows the accelerometer data, LEDs, buttons, etc.

Does that page run correctly?  Will it run for longer than several minutes?

Thanks!

-Sam K

LabVIEW Hacker

Join / Follow the LabVIEW Hacker Group on google+

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,062 Views)

everything is OK now. cuz I used another computer with win xp to launch myRIO.

But, win8 is still not work. and the test you mentioned is all right in win8, but I still can not run the program with myRIO

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,059 Views)

Hey Stark1989,

I'm glad to hear it works in XP.

In your first post you said  

" I try to run the 'main ' VI (accelerometer inside) of the myRIO. The program just run for 1min and then stopped."

When you click the run button does the program run and work (meaning you see the accelerometer values updating) for 1 minute or does it just sit there for 1 minute on the deploy screen? (can you post a screenshot)?

If it is sitting on the deployment screen and not running your code it's likely that the deployment process is getting blocked by a firewall.  Do you have a firewall or antivirus software enabled in Windows 8 (Win8 has a built in firewall which is on by default). 

Thanks!

-Sam K

LabVIEW Hacker

Join / Follow the LabVIEW Hacker Group on google+

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(7,055 Views)

Interesting observation about the operating system, I'm working with windows7 and works smoothly, which you must think oparativo upgrade your Windows XP system to Windows 7 this year because Microsoft removed the support on this OS

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,025 Views)