Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myRIO USB connection disconnects randomly

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum.

I have a myRIO here that was working fine through connecting over USB. And then it stopped working all of a sudden. Unplugging and replugging into the computer re-establishes the connection, but only for a good 20 seconds.

I tried updating the firmware, thinking it could help. Big mistake. It disconnected halway through the install and now the myRIO is just sitting here blinking its status light at me twice every few seconds (which means I should reinstall the software because last time it got interupted. That would be easy if I could actually maintain a connection in the first place).

Help?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,866 Views)

So I just took out a different myRIO and also does not maintain a USB connection. This is very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,841 Views)

Hi alexosborne,

This sounds like it might be more on the computer side than the myRIO. Do you have similar connection issues if you use a different computer?

If so, it is probably something with your computer / the USB port(s). Try using a different USB port. Does it work now?

If not, then you might need to use a powered USB port. Some laptops (and even PCs) have problems maintaining power to the USB ports. This can be avoided by using a USB port that is externally powered.

Thanks,

Friar Tuck

Andrew T.
"His job is to shed light, and not to master" - Robert Hunter
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,817 Views)