Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myRIO - Problem when using on board LED

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

for some reason I can't lit on board LED. I try to use a block from myRIO -> Default FPGA Personality -> LED. From block properties I choose LED0. Then I create a boolean constant and set it to TRUE. After that I wire to LED0 port. When I run the application the LED doesn't lit. Previously mentioned block is inside a timed loop, which is running for sure.

-Jussi-Pekka

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(6,598 Views)

What tells you that it's running for sure?  The LED is generally pretty easy to turn on

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(6,541 Views)

Hi,

I have boolean indicator in the front panel which says that if I'm in the state where the LED block is. So I think that the loop is then running if the indicator lits.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(6,524 Views)

Hi Jussi-Pekka,

Have you tried using the getting started wizard, is the LEDs and the myRIO functioning properly using this?

See for example this video on how to get started: http://www.ni.com/myrio/setup/getting-started/

As mentioned above, controlling the LEDs should be quite easi and it can be done e.g. as suggested in the attached picture. 

Could you share your code to get a better picture of what you are trying to accomplish? 

/Anton

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(6,516 Views)

Hi Anton,

could it be that I have wrong block in my diagram? Here is attached my design.

-JussiJii

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(6,504 Views)

No, the block you use does the same thing, it should be OK.

I am however not sure about the rest of your code, have you tried doing what I suggested using the getting started? 

In the example you sent you first open a reference to an FPGA targe, you then pass the reference into the loop and simultaneously you pass it around the loop and close the reference. Cuold you instead of the picture post the VI, or even better the whole project, so that I can have a better understanding of what you try to accieve?

/Anton

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(6,489 Views)

In the test run the device works just OK. I don't understand what I'm missing. I will give code from vi when I'm back to office. So it will be on monday.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(6,484 Views)

Thanks for help so far.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(6,482 Views)

Okay, that sounds good, lets return on Monday. I am sure we will be able to sort it out if I just can see the code. 

Have a great weekend!

/Anton

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(6,467 Views)

Hi again,

here is the whole project if you want to take a look.

What it should do is, that when I change position of the switch in State Machine FPGA.vi the state in the State Machine RT.vi should turn to "Select LED" state, which then should lit the led on myRIO board.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(6,439 Views)