Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myDAQ university project basic help needed

Hi,

I am looking to set up a myDAQ in Labview to take in audio waves, and control a vibration motor if a certain decibel limit is reached. I have used the daq assistant to manage an audio input and have this setup so voltages from a mic are read continuously. I don't really know what step to take next to control a vibration motor. Can anyone offer and guidance on what hardware I require and how to set up the software through labview?

Thank you kindly,

Olly

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,802 Views)

Dear ollyneedham,

Thank you for posting to the forums. 

I wanted to get some further information from you.

What type and version of LabVIEW are you using? Do you have LabVIEW Base, Full, Professional or Development? 

In regards to the audio waves you will take in, what range of frequencies are you looking at? 

Use of the DAQ Assistant is a great start and I see you have already configured this to read voltages from the mic continuously.

The next step is to look at using the analogue input signals, with some boolean logic (for the threshold) and route this with a control algorithm. #

Is your motor a stepper motor or a DC brushless motor? Does it require a motor drive to run? Would you be able to post up the model and specifications of the motor? 

Would you also be able to post up a diagram of the system you are creating?

You will need to use Digital I/O in order to create the control algorithm. This will be using the DAQmx driver.

Here are some links that will hopefully get you started in regards to controlling a motor using DAQmx.

Turn on a DC Computer Fan using a Solid-State Relay, myDAQ, and LabVIEW

control dc motor with mydaq

Control Stepper Motor while Reading Encoder

Studying Earthquakes With the myQuake NI miniSystem for NI myDAQ (Pioneer Release)

DC Motor Controller using a Tachometer

Pulse Width Modulation

Digital Frequency

Using SW-Timed Digital I/O to Control a Stepper Motor with DAQmx

Motor Control with NI DAQ Motor Control System

Two Plane Balancing Example with DAQmx

Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) Using NI-DAQmx and LabVIEW

If you could let me know how you get on that would be great.

Kind Regards,

Dom C
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,787 Views)