From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myDAQ recognized as USB flash firmware

Solved!
Go to solution

My myDAQ was recognized just fine about 2 weeks ago. I've tried someone else's myDAQ and their's was not recognized either.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 52
(5,251 Views)

Try this:

Disconnect the myDAQ.  

Using MAX, go to Tools>>Reset Configuration Data.

Reboot your PC.  

Attach myDaQ and wait while Windows does its business...it may take a bit because it's probably going to update the device firmware.

Check device manager / max to see if the myDAQ is recognized correctly.

-Sam K

LabVIEW Hacker

Join / Follow the LabVIEW Hacker Group on google+

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 52
(5,246 Views)

No change 😞 Still recognized as USB flash firmware

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 52
(5,231 Views)

What if you right click on the myDAQ in device manager and choose Uninstall.  Then disconnect the myDAQ, perform the steps I posted above and reconnect the myDAQ.

Let us know if that helps, if not I'll see what else I can come up with.

-Sam K

LabVIEW Hacker

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 52
(5,224 Views)

So now it's recognized as NI myDAQ in other devices under device manager, and is recognized in the NI MAX, but when I launch, say, the NI ELVISmx Digital Multimeter, it says there are no supported devices.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 52
(5,218 Views)

Did you restart your computer after the steps above?

Can you post a screen shot of the myDAQ in device manager and the page that shows the current driver as well as a screen shot of the myDAQ in MAX. 

I think we are getting closer Smiley Frustrated

-Sam K

LabVIEW Hacker

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 52
(5,215 Views)

I did restart my computer. Should I try updating the driver?myDAQ.1.JPG myDAQ.2.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 52
(5,206 Views)

Yea, I would try updating the driver and manually point it to C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\niraptrkw.sys.

-Sam K

LabVIEW Hacker

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 52
(5,202 Views)

So last time I found the path it was C:\\Windows\Systyem32\DriverStore\FileRepository\niraptwv.inf_amd64....there was no under drivers (instead of driver store) there was only en-US, etc, and UMDF, none of which had the niraptwv. This time I couldn't find niraptwv.in_amd64 anywhere...

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 52
(5,188 Views)

What if you right click and update driver in device manager and have Windows automatically find the driver; does it load a driver?

-Sam K

LabVIEW Hacker

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 52
(5,185 Views)