Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myDAQ passes Self-Test but will not work with any software

Hello,

I am currently having issues getting the myDAQ to interface with ELVISmx Instruments. My first attempt followed the included white paper step by step. When that did not work I moved on and tried installing (one at a time of course) several different versions of ELVISmx (14.0, 4.5, 4.3.2, 4.3.1, 4.2.1, and 4.1) and none of them have been able to interface correctly with the hardware. Additionally, I have tried installing the entire LabView suite provided by Georgia Institute of Technology, and several other NI applications associated with the myDAQ on the white paper.

The software installs have all completed successfully, the ELVSImx instrument launcher launches; however when I click on the DMM tool, or any other one, the application fails to load. A loading window pops up and the blue status bar scrolls but nothing ever happens. The application window never launches. I let it run over night thinking it might be confused or just really slow but nothing changed in the morning. The only way to exit out of the window is to end the task in the task manager.

In NI MAX, the hardware is recognized correctly and the "self test" feature returns that the myDAQ is functioning correctly. I have checked the Event Viewer for Windows applications and there do not appear to be any errors associated to any NI software.

I have exhausted all my resources in trying to get this to work but all of have done is frustrate myself and everyone I speak to about the issue.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,481 Views)

Hi amoore73, 

The myDAQ requires the NI DAQmx drivers as well as NI ELVISmx. Have you tried installing NI DAQmx?

It can be found on our website here: http://www.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/tech/lang/en/pg/1/sn/catnav:du,n8:3478.41.181.5495,s...

I hope this helps!

Rachel M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,462 Views)

Yes, I installed the ELVISmx software and then installed the myDAQ hardware driver pack. After completing the installation of both, I connected the device and allowed windows to recognize the device as the NI myDAQ. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,427 Views)