Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myDAQ digital write

I'm trying to use a myDAQ to send digital outputs to three heater controls, to turn the heaters on an off with the digital signals.  After trying to use the regular DAQmx express vi and not having any luck, I read about the NI Elvismx express vis in the myDAQ user manual.  Yet still we can't get the vi to work in our program to communicate with the myDAQ device and send out the necessary signals.  We're trying to use the Elvismx Digital Writer.  Attached are the two error messages we've gotten.  If anyone can tell me what we're doing wrong and/or offer any advice/suggestions to fix the problem, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,173 Views)

Hi WyoEng,

Can you communicate with the device in NI MAX through the test panels? 

Regards,
Basil
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,146 Views)

Unfortunately not. However, on a different  computer (both being Windows 7 computers with 2012 version of LabVIEW) we did get the test panels and everthing else to work just yesterday, offsite. I’ve had that software version installed on the computer it worked on for a while and have gotten the patches recommended.

Is it possible that one of the patches I got on the one computer actually fixed this problem (didn’t have the myDAQ to try before I’d installed this patches)?  If so, how many patches are there from 2012, and can I save those on a usb to bring to the computer on-site where the myDAQ wasn’t communicating, as we don’t have an internet connection on site, and bringing the computer in (desktop computer) would be a hassle.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,124 Views)

Hi WyoEng,

Are you talking about LabVIEW patches or DAQmx? The latest version of DAQmx is 9.7 and there is an SP1 (service pack) for labview as well as some other security and critical updates. Here is a list of all of them: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/13503/en/

That would be a good idea to just put them on a flash drive and install them all. You can check what you have installed by generating a technical report from MAX. You can do this buy pressing on file and then create report in MAX. 

Hope this helps

Regards,
Basil
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,112 Views)

Thanks!  A grad student working on the project brought the computer back, and got the SP1 installed.  Upon testing, we no longer got that error message!  We are now able to successfully communicate with the myDAQ with that computer.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,106 Views)