Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myDAQ Software Upgrade

Solved!
Go to solution

I am running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and LabVIEW 2010 32-bit.  I am using a myDAQ running NI ELVISmx 4.2.2 and NI-DAQ 9.1.5.  Everything is running fine.  I used this myDAQ a couple of years ago and now I need it for a new class.  I just tested the functionality today and the (basically all analog for me) measurements are accurate/consistent with what I expect. 

Of course, I will not upgrade anything if someone can tell me that NI ELVISmx 4.5 does not offer any features that my installed NI ELVISmx 4.2.2 does not ( I doubt that), so here is my question: 

I want to upgrade the software to NI ELVISmx 4.5 so that the NI ELVIS Instrument Launcher has the latest functionality. 

What I assume that I need to do is this: 

1)  Upgrade the firmware

2)  Upgrade the NI-DAQ 9.1.5 software

3)  Upgrade the NI ELVISmx software from 4.2.2 to version 4.5

Of course, I know the perils of assuming.  But, I cannot find any documentation that will tell me the steps necessary to get through all of these steps.  I need docs for all steps. 

Can someone help me with these issues, detail the correct steps if I am wrong, and provide me with links to the files that I need ? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,839 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rajames429

Hi rajames429,

In order to update, all you should need is to install NI ELVISmx 4.5 which includes NI-DAQmx 9.7.5.

Evan See
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,809 Views)

Thank you.  That did work and the myDAQ is working properly. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,800 Views)