From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myDAQ - Multiple analog/audio outputs

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,
I'm trying to use full potential of myDAQ - I would like to use all 4 analog outputs at same time, in one VI.
That means, 2 analog outputs (AO0, AO1) and 2 audio outputs (audioOutputLeft, audioOutputRight). Also different min-max values are required, 0/5V for AO and -2/2V for audio.
I can get working 2 analog or 2 audio outputs at same time, but not all 4.
Just adding two separate DAQ Assists gives me well known 50103 error, adding all channels in one DAQ Assist returns 200106 error (due to different min-max values)
I also tested separate functions for DAQ - Create Channel in series, but that returns same error 200106.
I don't need exact timing, just various waveforms on all 4 outputs would be great.
Is there anyway how to do this? Any help is apprenticed.
Jakub

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,851 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cackler

Hi Jakub,

According to the documentation of MyDAQ from the following link http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/373060e.pdf

At the page 6 it is specified the following:

Analog Output (AO)
There are two analog output channels on NI myDAQ. These channels can
be configured as either general-purpose voltage output or audio output.
Both channels have a dedicated digital-to-analog converter (DAC), so they
can update simultaneously. In general-purpose mode, you can generate up
to ±10 V signals. In audio mode, the two channels represent left and right
stereo outputs.

Therefore, I guess your problem is that you try to configure 4 analog outputs at the same time.

Best regards,
Ion R.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,837 Views)

Oh thank you! I missed this one, it's even drawn right on the myDAQ!... Smiley Happy

mydaq-outputs.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,828 Views)